Town & Village Forms
ARTICLE 7 RELATES TO THE LICENSING, IDENTIFICATION AND CONTROL OF DOGS AND THE ANIMAL POPULATION CONTROL PROGRAM IN NEW YORK STATE AND IS ADMINISTERED BY THE NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND MARKETS. DOGS HARBORED IN NEW YORK CITY, HOWEVER, MUST BE LICENSED BY THE NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH. LOCAL OFFICIALS, GENERALLY ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS OR DOG CONTROL OFFICERS, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENFORCING ARTICLE 7.
What Dogs Must Be Licensed?
Every dog owned or harbored in New York State for longer than 30 days must be licensed. The following are the only license exemptions:
- Dogs under four months of age not running at large
- Dogs harbored in New York City (these dogs must be licensed by the NYC Department of Health)
- If a non-resident brings a dog into New York State for less than 30 days and the dog is licensed according to the resident state's licensing laws
- Dogs confined to the premises of any public or private hospital, research institution or a Class A Dealer with a certificate of exemption from the Commissioner.
How To License Your Dog
- Apply for a dog license at your local licensing agent. This would be the clerk of the town, city, or in some counties village.
- For guide dogs, war dogs, hearing dogs, police work dogs, detection dogs, therapy dogs and service dogs, satisfactory proof is required, such as a training certificate, etc. for licenses.
* IN ADDITION TO THE APPLICATION THE OWNER WILL NEED:
if the dog is spayed or neutered - a certificate from a licensed veterinarian or an affidavit from the owner showing that the dog has been spayed or neutered, unless this proof is already on file with the clerk.
ALL dogs three months or older must have proof of a rabies vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian or a certificate stating why the life of the dog would be endangered by the vaccine.
After the application and appropriate certificates are filed and the license fee has been paid, the license will be validated for one year. Each dog is assigned a permanent official identification (ID) number and issued a metal ID tag which is to be attached to the dog's collar. NO REFUND WILL BE MADE AFTER A LICENSE HAS BEEN VALIDATED.
How To Change A License
To ensure the accuracy of license records, it is essential that any change to the information on the license be provided to the local licensing agent who in turn will notify this Department so that records can be updated. The owner must provide in writing any of the following changes:
- dog ownership
- dog owner's address
- loss or theft of the dog (and if the dog is found, its return) and
- death of a dog
Click to download Dog License
Marriage Licenses are available at the Town Clerks office. Application for a license must be made at least 24 hours prior to the ceremony. Licenses are valid for 60 days. Birth certificated and photo ID (such as a drivers license) are required. The cost is $40.00.
Town Zoning Application
The only County Building Permits that will be issued without a Town of Castile Zoning Permit will be for solid fuel.
A County Building Permit is not required for the typical small movable metal or wood storage building under 150 square feet, but required a Town of Castile Zoning Permit. No county building permits will be issued until a Town Zoning Permit is obtained.
Things you will need for the Town Zoning Permit:
- Application completely filled out.
- Proof of ownership of property.Only the owner of property can obtain a Town Zoning Permit.
- Plot Plan or Site Plan. Plan must show size of lot and distance from all property lines for existing and proposed buildings.
- Permit fee.
- Is this property in a flood zone? Yes--No--
Note: Time will be required to check plans for compliance with Town of Castile Zoning Law. Every effort will be made to either issue or permit or notify applicant of any required changes within five working days after receiving the application. Please plan starting dates accordingly.
Click to download Town Zoning Application
Rules and Regulations for the Castile Park Pavilion
- Rental and use is on a first come, first served basis.
- Rent is payable in advance. This must be paid in order to reserve that day and is non refundable. If you cancel your reservation, your rental fee will not be refunded, unless we are able to rent the pavilion to someone else on that day.
- A rental day is from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM or any portion thereof
- Trash containers are provided. A parking lot is there for parking vehicals.
- All tables and chairs must be picked up and put in their proper place. Floors must be swept.
- Do not use staples or nails for hanging decorations. You may use tacks, wire tape or string and it all must be removed.
- The person reserving use of the pavilion is responsible for the pavilion being locked when leaving; and in the failure to lock up on leaving, he will be held accountable for any resulting damage by person, or persons unknown.
- Any clean up after pavilion use must be completed by 7:00 AM the day following its use. Should clean up not be done, Village employees will do the work, chargeable at the regular hourly rate, or if the work is done on a Saturday or Sunday, at the prevailing overtime rate. Any cost will be billed to the person renting.
- In the event the pavilion, or surrounding area, is damaged as a result of such rental, the cost of necessary repairs, with any additional costs to be recovered, will be billed to and payable from the persons renting the pavilion.
- A Village Employee will make an inspection by 7:00 AM the day following the use of the pavilion and determine its condition as being acceptable. Finding the pavilion clean and in as good condition as when taking over, said person making the inspection will report his findings to the Village Clerk.
- Any adult person renting the pavilion for use of a youth group must agree to provide proper supervision for such group, with chaperone being a mature twenty one year old adult; however, in the even it involves a large number, a suitable ration is one mature adult for each twelve youths.
- Daily use by government programs,i.e. recreation and celebrations must also include adherence to the following clean up procedure: While the pavilion may be rented each day and evening, all materials from daily use should be picked up, cleaned up and swept up. All supplies should be carefully stored in the storage room. If messy media is to be used, table and floor covers should be used. Failure to comply with the foregoing may cause for dismisal.
- Report all damages, or malfunctions to the Village Clerk, 53 North Main Street.
- This pavilion has been provided by you, the citizens of the Village of Castile. While it is your pavilion, all must adhere to this policy in order that everyone may continue to use the pavilion.
Click to download Park Pavilion Rental
Thank you for keeping the pavilion in good order for all to enjoy!